Infant Massage Class
….Supporting your infant’s growth and development
What is Infant Massage Class?
It is a unique opportunity for you to learn how to promote your child’s growth and development through the use of loving touch.
Benefits of Infant Massage
- All vital systems are stimulated during infant massage (e.g., circulatory, digestive, immune, nervous, etc.)
- Speech and language development
- Sensory integration
- Mind/body awareness
- Improved learning ability
- Improves sleep patterns (sleep longer and deeper)
- Reduction of stress levels and stress hormones
- Increased flexibility
- Regulation of behavioral states
- Improved ability to self-calm
- Helps to normalize muscle tone
- Gas, colic and constipation
- Teething discomfort
- Excess Mucus
- Growing pains
- Disorganization of the nervous system
- Promotes bonding and attachment
- Undivided attention, quality one-on-one time
- Nurturing touch
Who Can Benefit?:
- Single parents
- Foster parents
- Adoptive families
- Working parents
- Typically developing
- Developmental delays
- Special needs
What are other parents saying?:
I am SO incredibly thankful that this class was offered. It has been such a huge blessing to our little man. Thank you for the excellent instruction and all the helpful tips and resources! We appreciate it Thank you! ~Kristen
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who should attend the class?:
Each session should be attended by the parent(s)/caregiver(s) and their infant(s). It is best if other siblings are not present for the session as that does not allow the parent to give their baby their undivided attention.
Who will be massaging my baby?
YOU! The instructor teaches uses a doll to show you how to perform all the strokes. This helps to promote a positive experience between you and your baby.
How old can my baby be?
- It is best if your baby is not crawling yet, but individual sessions can be adapted to fit the needs of your family.
Are there any risks?
- Generally no; however, in some situations the instructors ask parents to discuss it with their pediatrician if there are concerns about a specific medical condition prior to attending the session(s).
How can I use this as my child grows?
- You will learn ways to adapt the massage for each stage of your child’s development.